Audiovisual services are very important for a wide array of organizations, from educational institutions to private corporations. However, healthcare facilities in particular need an AV solution in place that is designed specifically for their own unique needs. It is important that medical doctors, nurses, and administrators get help from an AV integrator that specializes in AV healthcare instead of using a generalized AV provider that might not be very familiar with the world of healthcare. This will help medical professionals ensure that their AV systems are being applied the right way.
Applications For AV Systems In Healthcare
While audiovisual services are helpful for promoting communication and learning among all kinds of companies and individuals, in the world of healthcare the right AV systems could quite literally be the difference between life and death. There are several common applications for AV systems in the healthcare field:
• Hosting virtual meetings between doctors and medical professionals that may not be in the same physical location but still need to discuss important healthcare issues that impact their practice
• Providing patients and their family members with key information about a patient’s vitals, medication needs, and current status within the facility
• Allowing medical doctors and their nurses and other colleagues to discuss an operation or other type of procedure with each other while it is taking place, through cameras and microphones that can be placed in operating theaters and exam rooms
Because AV is used so frequently in crucial healthcare applications, it is important that you retain help from an AV integrator that specializes in AV healthcare. Why should you seek out an AV specialist that understands the specific challenges that are involved with healthcare AV, as opposed to finding a general AV company? Several reasons:
• An AV integrator that specializes in AV healthcare understands the specific kinds of communications that doctors and their team members need to have with each other in order to successfully provide patient care. They know the way information like patient charts, medical codes, and physician diagnoses needs to be formatted, transmitted, and received.
• Because of their past experience with the healthcare field, an AV integrator that specializes in AV healthcare will be able to understand what specific kinds of systems are most suitable for healthcare needs and how to set up and troubleshoot these systems.
• AV companies that specialize in healthcare work usually are also familiar with software companies and other relevant vendors, which means they can guide management and administrators in the right direction if they are setting up a new healthcare facility or completely overhauling an existing audiovisual system.
According to InfoComm, a well-known audiovisual trade association, healthcare is the quickest-growing North American market for AV systems. The fast development of technology along with recent changes in healthcare laws and an aging population of baby boomers means that hospitals, outpatient clinics, and rehabilitation centers all need to have high-performing AV systems in place. An AV specialist with a focus on the field of healthcare will be able to provide your healthcare facility with the advice and technical service needed to keep all elements of your AV system running smoothly.
About Bob Higginbotham
Bob Higginbotham, CTS-I, CTS-D, is the Avidex National Manager of Healthcare AV. Bob has spent his 30 year career in leadership positions in the AV industry including extensive design and build work in healthcare facilities. He owned and operated a successful AV business in Texas with multiple offices in several cities where he managed a staff of over 100 employees. Bob has served as a technical consultant for a major AV manufacturer, led the technical sales team for a national video conferencing provider and provided technology auditing services for several private education facilities. He has a unique working knowledge of audiovisual technology as well as multiple certifications in audio engineering, acoustics, AV design, CQT system commissioning and video transmission systems. Bob holds a BA in communications and has recently served as board chair for a large private school. He brings his years of technical knowledge and leadership experience to Avidex where he leads the national healthcare AV team. Contact Bob at email@example.com